Thread: Poaching
View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2006, 08:38   #7
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Poaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
just a quick question
does having you members approach a large active planet and suggest that they join your alliance constitute poaching?

disclaimer
Rock accepts that members will move on to larger alliances however when they are activley pursued we take it personally , especially when the said alliance cant see the wood for the trees
Consider it did constitute poaching. Then what? If an alliance believes it to be in their best interest to get that 'large active planet' to join their ranks (which I'm sceptical about to be honest, seeing jumping ship half-way through the round isn't exactly the biggest sign of loyalty to me personally), I'd expect no less of them than to do so.

If you are upset or take it personally because you find it dishonourable of 'against good citizenship' as Remy put it, you really need to wake up and smell the coffee, it's a war game. Nice guys finish last.

If you're not upset because it happened, I do not see how it would have any relevance whether or not it is considered poaching. If you refer to the other thread, that, to me, wasn't a case of poaching.