View Single Post
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:41   #179
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Re: Andromeda Pirates - (New Beginnings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritely Zombie
Captain Kane Riverstar sat back in his cream, psuedo-leather chair. He frowned for a moment, thinking, then spoke.

"How about the Spritely Zombie?"

"-hmph-" came the reply, seemingly from everywhere at one.

Kane sighed and spoke again, "Look, the ship needs a name and you can't think of one and seem to dislike all my suggestions."

"I thought of one..." came the disembodied female voice again, clearly irritated now.

"'The Starwind' just seems too... too..."

The ships AI interrupted projecting a hologram of itself on the bridge. The hologram was grainy and insubstantial something she'd been telling him to fix. She fixed him with the classic scolded puppy look.

"Oh no. Oh no you don't. It's not going to work this time..."

The look continued. Eventually Kane broke.

"Alright... Fine... Reclassify the ship as The Starwind..."A sudden look of revelation appeared on Kane's face. "And while you're at it, register the Spritely Zombie, then change our IFF to match it's. Weapon's smuggling's not something you do under your own name."

The hologram winked out and the AI's avatar appeared on the much higher resolution display.

"And stop glaring, we'll change it back once the delivery is made. I promise."

Kane sighed and thumbed the ship-wide comms button.

"All hands to your posts, we are preparing to leave. Cargo bay, you all ready down there?"

"Yes sir." came the reply.

"Riiiiight..." Kane massaged his temples a moment. "Hawking, broadcast our request for permission to depart... Aki?"

Aki's avatar reappeared on the monitor, "Yes?"

"Plot a course to the pickup rendezvous, will you?"
post done

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote