View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2007, 13:58   #78
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: West Virginia and Homophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
I take it you grew up in a predominently protestant country? Your placing far too much emphasis on the bible itself. Things such as sacred tradition, papal bulls, and ecumenical councils are considered by the majority of christians to be of equal importance to the bible itself.
I suppose I did. When talking about Christianity generally (rather than a particular branch) I'd imagine it's one of the few aspects that are consistant throughtout all of the groups which is why I place so much emphasis on it.

Quote:
i'd imagine that some church council or pope over the last 2000 years decided that gays were in for teh hate whilst growing two crops in the same field was reasonable.
This is the area I find mostly troubling and what I dislike most about organised religion (and concentrate power in general). Giving a small number of people so much power inevitably leads to corruption and actions which are primarily self-serving.

Given the historically demonstrated unreliability of the Bible and of the corruption of men, I find it difficult to understand why people would commit themselves to a particular sect (which inevitably is biased by the people who run it, and depending on the size of the group, by the international situation) rather than formulating their own personal relationship with God whilst doing what they believe is right. There would be nothing wrong if you wished to pick the best bits out of the Bible, but then it seems inconsistant to then use this unreliable source to give your beliefs credence.

Quote:
not really, it's really no more absurd than blindly following some words that were written down by men over thousands of years then allowing some more people to pick and choose which bits they wanted in, then deciding to call it the bible and burning anyone who disagrees, which you seem to think should happern.
As I have previously stated, no-one who has done a little research can think the Bible is an unadulteraed message from God. Therefore, it is rather difficult to use the Bible to support your beliefs.

That said, if you are going to ignore the historical research and claim that the Bible is gospel and God hates fags then it's logically inconsistant for them to not be hating famrers and people wearing mixed fabrics. On the other hand, people who reject such evidence aren't particularly logical in the first place.

As for the reat of your post, I'm not going to reply as it would just be me repeating myself, replying to you about how I was repeating myself and could well spiral out of control until we both end up copying and pasting previous posts in an infinite loop of repitition.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote