View Single Post
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 07:00   #34
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Remove redundant historical features and simplify game

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Pacman was an awesome game, but nowadays no one would even bother with it,
That's not quite true: Pacman Championship Edition was released to great reviews, although I don't have sales figures.

However, Geometry Wars is a simple game and its sales are measured in the low hundreds of thousands. Not every game has to be an overcomplicated masterpiece with 'normal mapping' and 'vertex shading', it depends on your market.

I really don't think adding features for the sake of keeping M/C/E, or anything of the sort is the way to improve the game. PA is already pretty deep, but it could achieve pretty much exactly the same level of depth with a few of its old antiques (like M/C/E) being cut out. As far as I can see this would only have the effect of making it more accessible. A good thing, right?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote