View Single Post
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 18:03   #24
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Remove redundant historical features and simplify game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
You were the only one to actually respond (even though I had to ask you again). The other two times I never got any further replies. What bothers me isn't so much about me personally, but the fact that my experience seems to be repeated by other people in the thread I linked above.

It's just slightly amusing that you often claim there is nobody willing to help, when it's often hard to get a response when people do offer to help. You don't seem to do a good job at headhunting people, those who don't apply but flaunt obvious bits of talent

There are several people round here that show great knowledge of how the game works, how it worked in the past, along with great ideas of how to make the game better in future - get them involved. There are also people with decent graphics/UI skills, the game looks ugly and you need their help to do it - hire them.
-Commerical reasons generally require graphics people to sign a waiver. that cuts a lot of people out
-Developers/coders can't really be involved in an alliance. That cuts no end of people out
-Most people say "I'm willing to help" but few have the time to do it for long periods of time under their own steam. I am not interested in spending all my time trying to find jobs for people to fit into the 2 hours a week they can spare for Planetarion. I am interested in people who can spend 2 hours a day proactively helping to design and/or create things without me constantly watching them.
Also, we don't often headhunt because we ourselves are on a limited timeframe (I leave for work at 7am and get back at 7.30-8.30 each evening) and anyone who doesn't want to seek out and get involved probably won't have the motivation to work without constant prodding from me.