View Single Post
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 18:49   #8
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lights Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
Cos i'm ancient i remember this

Metal and Crystal were for building ships, Eonium was fuel, you had to have enough eonium to launch the selected fleet , mant fleets got stuck at home during attacks on the planet because they simply didnt have the fuel to lift off !

This was changed to the current system where ships are made by metal and crystal and eonium is built in through new fuel cell technology and engine technology, meaning you use the eonium to create the fuel just once, like warp core technology in star trek.
Yes i know it got changed and the reason why; I also agree that fuel costs were ultimatly bad for the game. The thing is though, that with that.. they didnt give eonium a meaning. Then they got rid of scanning for roids, which deleted a reason for Crystal.. While they also changed the init'ing process from Metal to all 3 resources, deleting the reason for Metal.

So we ended up with 3 resource types, with nothing seperating them.

That was the point of my post, the changes made to the game have either made things redudent (but kept them in the game) or made things overly complicated. Planetarion is no longer a 'clean and simple game'.. Its a mess. Its also not a good sign that zPeti's 2 most important questions he wants answers for, are Round Length and Round Start Date.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote