View Single Post
Unread 6 Sep 2016, 10:02   #121
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R68, who plays? who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The suggestion that I like most is to change the definition of 'value' to 'all resources you've mined this round'. That way, when you crash your ships, your value doesn't change. Crashing is still discouraged because with fewer ships, it's harder to gain roids. It changes the punishment for crashing from taking away past growth to taking away future growth.

I feel like completely negating the consequences of ship loss is not the way to go. If losing your ships costs you nothing, then there's no risk.
In my eyes the risk is that no fleet equals no reward. Those that win will prosper, those that don't won't. But if it didn't decrease your score, only potentially increase it then it has to be worth more risks ergo more combat.

The premise that actually engaging in combat with another can bring success would change the whole mind set of the game. To be able to grow your empire whilst smashing into your foes would make it enjoyable and produce some amazing breps, another thing to increase irc chatter and activity. I genuinely don't see a downside to it, napping would intact become detrimental to the cause as no combat would only get you so far.

What's your thoughts on the last part? I'm interested in other view points
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote