Thread: Disappointment
View Single Post
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 06:56   #7
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Re: Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I don't understand why people like Santa. He's a bit authoritarian for my liking. Naughty or nice, who is he to judge? And there's no appeals process. Clearly he also favours children from Western elites as well:

"And what would you like for xmas little boy?"
"Could I have a pointlessly large and expensive toy which is a hollow representation of a fantasy world constructed by the shallow and homogenizing influence of children's television?"
"Of course!"
"And what about you?"
"Oh Santa could I have some vaccine which costs less than $5 and will keep me free from a variety of painful diseases so that I can possibly live to be a teenager."
"Erm... I don't really do that. As an anthropomorphic simulcrum of the spirit of giving and celebration I'm really all about toys and make believe."
"I can pretend the syringe is a rocket."
"I'm sorry but our customer charter clearly states that we bear no liability if your dreams diverge from those of Santa corp. its subsidiaries or holdings."
I wonder if my wife would think it was funny if I bought a piece of coal and wrapped it up and put it was from Santa.