View Single Post
Unread 18 May 2007, 07:34   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A.S.G.'s Angry Anti-Corporation Rant #3687

The above post is fairly comprehensive.

I'd only add sometimes it's worth asking someone's name at the start of the call a lot of the time, so they treat it more seriously. Don't do it from the context of someone who is very angry, just as someone who likes keeping very accurate records.

Be friendly and empathic with the person you speak to, even if they're a ****wit. I tend to mention (if, say the person apologises the system is slow or uses a similar cliche) that it's OK, I know what it's like, I used to work in a call centre until recently or something like that. Solidarity, etc.

If you ask to speak to someone's manager, don't do it with the tone "I HAVE MY RIGHTS, YOU ARE SHIT, PUT ME THROUGH", but say (unsarcastically) "Well, you've been very helpful and I think this has clarified the situation, but if it's OK, I'd like to speak to your line manager please, is that OK?". Most of the time they will (well, I find, I rarely have a problem since I'm not allowed accounts anymore).

Or just put all the facts (devoid of moral outrage, abuse or exaggeration) in a letter headed "Formal Complaint" and send it to their Customer Services Director (the name of whom is probably somewhere on literature they've sent you, or their website, etc). You can try marking it "P&C" too, but I wouldn't bother. Anyway, put your complaint in the tone of "This is disappointing, because I have been a good customer of NTL and had the greatest respect for the Virgin brand..." (rather than calling them crooks). Don't threaten them with taking this to the high court or other silliness, but say "I hope we can resolve this matter as speedily as possible, and it will not be necessary for me to escalate this matter further within your organisation's complaints procedure." (or something like that).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote