View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2007, 17:54   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A.S.G.'s Angry Anti-Corporation Rant #3687

Well here we are again folks.

We al know I have a tendancy to feel aggrieved by little things and wish to destroy the world over less. this time though there are a few very important things to note from the off.

1) I genuinely believe I have a serious grievance this time
2) It is not an irrelevant amount of money
3) Yes, I am so stupid to let this happen

Please keep in mind point 3 at all time whilst reading this thread, it's very important.

A couple of weeks ago I recieved a phone-call from Virgin Media offering to give me tv and a phone line etc from an extra £2 a month. they asked if I was interested, I said 'No thank you'. they asked if I would like to be put on a short-list just in case I changed my mind, to save me the hassle of waiting a few extra weeks. I said 'No thank you'.

Why did I get this splendid offer? you might ask. the answer is, because ntl have bought Virgin Media (but kept the Virgin brand-name) and they were trying to sell me the rest of their package.

Anyway, he decided I was not to be moved on the issue and we both went our seperate ways.* All way fine and dandy until this morning when I recieved my monthly bank statement. Having less money than I had expected (and being very near my overdraft limit) I decided to have a look through and see where all my money had gone.**

On the second page I noticed a charge of £18 to Virgin Media. I was a little perplexed but then realised 'Oh, it must be for the internet'. Having resolved this mini-crisis I continued to check my statement, only to find something very disturbing. It was a £15 charge for AOL Broadband.

It was at this moment that I remembered that I use AOL for the internet.*** I had used ntl whilst in uni but cancelled that shortly before I moved back home. So I looked up the number for virgin Media and gave them a call. Needless to say, it was a nightmare and if I didn't think at that moment I had been signed-up for something I had expressly said 'No, thank you' to, it probably would hve wore me down. I was put only hold at least 8 times and spoke to no less than 6 different people****. I eventually ended up one the phone with a woman who at least able to give me some information. What she said caused so many feelings to rise up through me that I nearly acted indignantly.

She informed me that the charge was for Virgin Internet and was for the house I used to live in whilst I was in university. I was confused. I explained to her that I had cancelled the internet before I had left that house. She informed me that the account had been marked for cancellation but it had not happened. She didn't know why. So, she put me on hold again and transferred me to another department.

this time I spoke to a gentleman who again put me on hold once I told him what the lady had told me about their failure to cancel my account. He got back to me and told me that I had not cancelled my account and that I had to cancel it in October, when it expired. I informed him that I had spoken to a person on the phone in the summer before and she said that it was no problem to cancel my account in October and that it would be done for me, but I would have to pay until the end of the contract.

He kept insisting that it didn't happen and that I would have had to pay a fee for breaking my contract or phone up in October to cancel it. Having had enough of being called a liar I asked when I would get my money refunded for all the months they had been charging me after I had requested they cancel my account. He said he didn't have the authority to and would have to speak to his boss and that he would call me back on my mobile later today to sort things out. I agreed and hung up.

this was about six hours ago and I have still not heard anything from him. I shall be phoning up tomorrow to sort this out but I really don't know my rights in this regard. the money is well over £100 now. It started at £9 a month and hassince moved up to £18 so I really want it back.

How likely am I to get my money back?
What attitude should I take on the phone?
Am I intitled to the money?

If I get it back, with my insurance for the car I should have a pretty winfall whih could open some doors to me getting the hell out of here. Please advise me and help to unleash these shackles holding me down!

*In all honesty this should have been when I realised something was not right
**In my defence, this is something I normally don't do
***remember point 3
****honestly, this is no exaggeration
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote