View Single Post
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 03:28   #5
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about
Re: Change the formula for ally score

I fail to see how it's pointless. HR have an avg of 3mil and xVx have an avg of 5. I can't help but think they'd be much closer in avg if either all of xVx were counted or the worst players in HR weren't.

So, either drop the stupid system of not counting certain planets or make it apply to all alliances, not just the ones who are lucky enough to recruit past 60. This just results in alliances like xVx and VGN looking artificially better than they actually are and getting more applicants while allies like HR and HA get to look less skilled and ruin their chances of ever recruiting to 60.

I agree about the DLR thing, however. Perhaps a system that would allow you to opt out of not counting your smallest planets if your membercount is below 60.

All in all I dislike the system of not counting certain planets, but if it has to be there I feel there should be some consistency and have it treat all allies equally instead of screwing over HR/HA/ROCK/ASS/Factory/FC/hirr/Rdm/HellsFury/OPA while making xVx/VGN/Orbit/Omen/CT/Asc look better than they are by boosting their averages.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote