View Single Post
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 05:21   #14
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, erm , Fable : The Lost Chapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The paladin class was advertised as a melee hybrid. The changes fairly obviously change it into a caster hybrid, which isn't what many people signed up for. See also: Blizzard changing the role of the mage from "ranged dps" to "water boy" (explicitly).
I wouldn't say that, they still are a melee hybrid, they can't expect themselves to be tanks, that's not really their role. They are a melee class augmented by spells and auras, this makes them flexible in a variety of roles. The only thing I found with a paladin is that they are at their best when partied up with another class, that appears to be where their talents are focused.

Btw, as my main is a mage (see avatar), where do you get water boy over ranged dps from, I certainly have no problems in that department. Anyone that treats me as a vending machine gets open a can of whoopass on them