View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 14:17   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Football] Arsenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
i'm an arsenal (and derby) supporter, so i read this thread through. i think you make a lot of good points and i'd like to add a couple:
- developing youth is a great idea, but i am a little ashamed that we only have 2 brits vying for a first team place (walcott and hoyte). if he's going to develop talent, then why can't he focus in our own backyard (UK) as opposed to elsewhere? We're the 4th best club in England, and yet we have no players in the England XI - that's horrible in my opinion.
I'm not going to respond to this because it's stupid.

Quote:
- henry needs a partner and i don't feel that anyone is suited to the way he plays. van persie is good, adebayor isnt that great (opinion) and i cant see alliadiere or walcott (i see him more as a winger) making the leap. baptista on the other hand - if he got a decent first touch like you said, he'd be a fantastic striker - with a fair amount of pace offset by his immense size and strength (he could be a tank).
Van Persie will be our main striker in the years to come with Henry playing behind him and occasionally adebayor alongside. Baptista needs more than a decent first touch, and for all his size he gets bullied in games. Walcott is similiar to Henry, started as a winger, will most likely be a foward.

Quote:
- i've been watching lupoli at derby this year, he's in a similar mold to henry, but i dont think they'd work well together - in fact i heard derby's advances to add him permamnently were refused by arturo, who wants to move (and is??) to italy.
Lupoli isn't good enough, and he is off to italy.

Quote:
- lehmann in my opinion, is crap. i've disliked him for a long time, i don't actually feel that we have a quality keeper in him
Then you must have only watched the MOTD highlights where they show him getting stupid yellows. At the start of his Arsenal career he wasn't too good, last couple of seasons he has been rock solid, and hilarious to watch.

Quote:
and at the age of 37 (?) i dont think he has many seasons left in him - anticipate a problem here for the future.
No shit?

Quote:
- arsene not spending his budget infuriates me, we need players and i find him to be too arrogant and headstrong to admit that he should buy some talent in to help our youth develop and give us a little more depth.
Yes, spend, spend, spend has solved everything for everyone.

Quote:
- eboue - everyone raves about him, but in my opinion, as a defender, he's lacking. the powerhouse defence we've had of the past bould/adams/keown/dixon/winterburn is long gone. that makes me sad and a little frustrated.
True, he needs to sort out his mentality and improve defensively, but he is fast, willing to take people on, and shown he can get good crosses in.

Quote:
- ljungberg has lost it, i agree - we're in need of a good winger. someone who can whip the ball into the box. i cant see any player in the youth who's capable of this. most of the youth team seem to favour the centre of the field, which will (in the future) leave us lacking.
Most clubs have found a lack of wingers a major problem with their side.