View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 10:52   #117
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Best Sci-Fi Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Surely the fact that a film is deliberately trying to increase its box office revenue by dishonestly luring people into the cinema under false pretences is something that should be taken into accuonts when assessing its merits?
Not really although I doubt that was the actual intent. If I saw a movie called 'Imperialism : The Highest Stage of Capitalism' then there'd be some duty on me to check a review or some background. Of course, if they engaged in a widescale series of bribes and threats to ensure that no-one knew the real truth behind the movie then perhaps I could see your point, but I doubt that happened here.

Anyway, a lot of this depends on whether you're asking what your favourite movie is, or if you're asking what the "best" movie is which match a particular criteria. I would freely admit that The Smiths are more influential / culturally important / whatever than Blink 182 but that doesn't stop me thinking the output of the former is dreadful while quite enjoying the latter.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote