View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 02:47   #113
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Best Sci-Fi Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I haven't read the book but I think the film is an outstanding parody on western militarism brought as an entertaining brainless action flick with laser guns and big ass spaceships.

Well i think the film is neither parody nor ironic. If you think otherwise please tell me why.

Anyway at it's most basic the book is about citizen participation in the election of a Government (you have to do something for society, not necessarily go kill things, to be deemed worthy enough to have a say in the society). At it's most basic the film is about HOW FUN IT IS TO BE BLOWING THINGS UP GUFFAW GUFFAW! And when i say that's the film's most basic message i actually mean that that's pretty much the only message.

So i re-itterate: "the film is shit because it's nothing like the book" (the book has a point to make ... the film just involves lots of shooting). Even if the book didn't exist then the Starship Troopers would still be a shit "lets shoot things" film.