View Single Post
Unread 25 May 2006, 00:20   #188
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 1up's not-ingame members

First, thank you to Mek for supplying me those logs. They were very informative and provided numerous insights - from which I generated most of my post.

To many people Omen's request that the others launch before them may seem strange. At first glance, it does. However, Omen had no reason to trust ND and Insomnia. When organising an attack on 1up, it was equally likely (from their point of view) that ND/Ins would launch on Omen once Omen's fleets were out, as opposed to launching on 1up as they were supposed to.

ND and Insomnia chose to hit Omen or Omen galaxies repeatedly this round. Omen could hardly be expected to have anything in the form of goodwill towards those two alliances. The request to launch early was one of trust. If they were willing to trust Omen they should have launched early, accepted the problems it would bring on the first night of attacking and known that Omen would bear the brunt of any retals anyway - in the long term. Omen made it clear in the meeting that it would be business as usual once the trust issue had been resolved.

Omen can settle for second. Second is a respectable result for a new alliance, one that has fought against two alliances for much of the round, one restricted by those alliances from attacking the eventual winner.

But what of ND and Insomnia? Insomnia have found their feet and will finish the round. They've played a full round with the big boys and held together well. In contrast, ND already had experience fighting at the top. I hope that in hindsight, the NewDawn HC will reflect on their mistake in refusing to prove to Omen that they would be honest partners in an attack on 1up. Because that is what you did.

Paddy, bwtmc summarises nicely. Omen have been 1up's only threat for over a week now. Any attack would have been on Omen - it would have made no sense to attack someone who isn't threatening you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
As far as our responsibilities go I think a HC's responsibility is to its members, not to the rest of the PA community. If we had agreed to hit 1up whilst being behind Omen by a fair distance what would we have achieved? A lot of incoming that would put us even further behind Omen and effectively eliminate any chance of finishing 2nd or even 3rd, let alone 1st.
A block of Omen, NewDawn, Insomnia and Angels (who eventually got involved) could have crushed 1up, especially with the information we know now.

Once 1up were out of the picture, NewDawn and Insomnia could have taken down Omen together and then scrapped themselves over 1st place. NewDawn should believe that it would have won this battle. It would not have been easy. Nothing ever is. However, I feel that you owed it to your members to try.