View Single Post
Unread 24 May 2006, 23:52   #181
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1up's not-ingame members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
ND were willing to help hit 1up as long as Omen started it, even if only 1 or 2 ticks before us.

To me this seemed reasonable as Omen were obviously in the stronger postion and would benefit more by taking out the nearest competition. However Omen completely refused to do anything unless ND launched 6 ticks before them, claiming that this was because they couldn't trust us (despite not having dealt with us politically up to that point). Whilst a lack of trust may have been a partial reason anyone with half a brain could see that what Omen really wanted was for 1up to start setting up and launching retals on us before they launched.
Hand on your heart. Do you honestly think Sid and everyone else at 1up would respond to incomings on the basis of who attacked two hours before who?

What were you saying about half a brain? I'm joking, but not really.

I'd like to highlight something else. (Obviously now you know 1up did not have any military officers to reply with, which is somewhat comical) I think you greatly overestimate the ability of any alliance to retaliate on receiving unexpected incomings. 1up aren't going to ruin your round in six hours let alone two.

It's impossible to win with that shit mentality you say both NewDawn and Omen share.