View Single Post
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 13:32   #13
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The old new car old car routine

My Dad has a 1.8 turbo diesil Vectra (they're branded Vauxhall Vectra here in the UK but it's the same car) which seems decent enough and is reasonably quick. If blue smoke is the indicator of a crapped out engine then you'll just have to watch out for it while you're test driving, and/or get the owner/dealer to rev the engine for you before and after the test drive so you can watch the exhaust.

I've always bought from private newpaper ads because I've never had enough money to buy from a dealer, being a student. You don't get as much car for your money if you buy from a dealer, but you do get the comfort of a warrenty and having someone to go back to if it turns out to be a complete dud. I have bought a bad car on one occasion (cost £700, spent about £600 having to repair it during the course of a year, then got rid of it) but the other two have been fine. I blame the bad one on being in a rush because some arsehole had just written off my other one by smashing into the back of it, and I needed a car to get to my work placement.

My current car is a 1998 Peugeot 306 which cost £2,000, and is a very nice and reliable car. I haven't had a single problem in the 6 months I've had it so far.