View Single Post
Unread 12 Jan 2007, 01:26   #8
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: At Last! the Far Right have a Voice in Europe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
OMG disbanding NATO, but who will defend us against the hordes of Eastern Europe over-running our fair continent, no wait.
Don't change the winning recipe, the nato is a means to show our solidarity, bonding is good
The nato isn;t exactly working fluently but they are doing good peacekeeping work
Quote:
And allowing Turkey, a country can legitimately be called fascist into Europe, they must be Communists.
I'm not saying there commies because they want turkey in,
I'm saying they are leftwing and have ridiculous ideas

The main argument to let turkey join is because it's a growing economy (?!)
It's geograficly speaking a strategic location (middle-east/asia), It enhances our multi-culturalism
and if they don't join us they might join some middle eastern block in the future

The reasons for Turkey to join are so poor that the downsides don't even need to be mentioned as they shouldn't even be allowed to join based on those positive arguments. We can't even run the EU smoothly without them, let alone with another country.

The downsides of Turkey are:
- the sheer size of it's population (theoreticly they would get more seats in the European Parliament then the UK)
- Poverty
- the cyprus conflict
- human rights/discrimination, the organisation of their corrupt goverment, cultural differences
The turkish people simply arn't ready for it themselves
- very hard to check the borders between the Turkey and the middle-eastern countries surrounding them (if someone happends to cross the border they get free passage trough the entire eu)

Last edited by Alessio; 12 Jan 2007 at 02:12.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote