View Single Post
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 13:17   #23
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of
Re: Alliance Defense Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
No, the speed increase is not really helping the issue either. The page might load faster, but if I keep it opened for 10 minutes before I commit any changes then there's still a 10 minute window in which someone else might have committed changes which could then be overridden by me.
that somewhat yours (or anyone doing it) fault though, as you shouldn't really leave pages that several ppl got access to update open without updating it before committing your changes.

Only real ways around that is to "lock" either the whole page or specific entries to a single person, in which case the question is who can override that "lock".

Or we'd need a system that sent both old and new data and compared the sent old data to that stored to see if it was changed since page load and then returned a "conflict" notice.
One problem i see atm with that is that ppl don't really always pay attention to notices and they just think it got updated and complain about it randomly not updating.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote