View Single Post
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 04:02   #29
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I am very opposed to religious doctrine being dressed up in the form of charity. It just seems to me (even if it's unintentional) that the religion is trying to gain more members from the most vulnerable members of society.
Get rid of Religion and you might as well get rid of Charity too. I don't know the numbers but I am quite certain that most Charities are based in religion.

The most vulnerable members of society need religion and help more than anyone else. If they become believers thats great. If not then God bless them. But helping the disadvantaged is exactly what Jesus wants us to do. Gaining members has is both a good thing and a challenge for a church. One the one hand more people mean more money and more hands to do stuff. On the other hand more people means that larger buildings are needed or more services and more people to run things.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote