View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2006, 23:19   #25
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Those hijackers granted temporary asylum

Hijackers put innocent people at risk. The implicit message is: it's OK to risk the lives of other random innocent people in order to save your own. While I can sympathize with those trapped in repressive regimes, I can't condone risking the lives of innocents to escape. I suppose one could imagine a scenario where the risk is negligible, but I don't think a airplane hijacking would qualify.

I'm glad no one was hurt (this time), but it could have gone down differently. That a number of passengers subsequently applied for asylum doesn't really change the fact that their lives were risked without their consent (and I have no problem giving the other passengers asylum if they want it--they didn't do anything wrong).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote