View Single Post
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 19:44   #26
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Latest Kyoto Report for EU

The average U.S citizen uses more energy than the average european citizen. The US is quite far behind the EU (even if it hurts me acclaiming the EU) and many countries in Europe when it comes to envirmental standards and recycling (Germany recycles 3/4 of the paper it uses).

There is ofcourse going to be costs when it comes to cutting Co2 and other greenhouses gases. Oil is a very easily used and still rather cheap energy source. However, oil supplies are running out and will eventuelly run totally out on a world wide basis. But the costs of cutting emissions should also be balanced against the cost of weather changes and the effects that have. Sadly the rich can move away from problems (just imagine if Floridia and California got badly hit), while the poor can't.

I won't go into why capitalism is a huge part of the problem and a hinderance to a solution, since thats to obvious for all the well-educated readers of this board.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote