View Single Post
Unread 25 Jun 2008, 00:27   #18
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Latest Kyoto Report for EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
If the United States had ratified the Kyoto Protocol, this would be justification for nuking all of your capital cities.

If you want to sign a treaty should you not consider doing what you said you would do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Doesn't it just piss you off that you try to do good things, and your damn countrymen keep burning fossil fuels?
His post seems a bit retarded, because he's trying to hold us responsible for what's happening in foreign countries, who try to achieve similar goals as us. While 'our countrymen' are actually doing fine.

This forum is filled with Dutch, British and German people who's governments actually seem to do quite well in reducing emissions. He needs to understand that the polluting Spanish, for example, are not our countrymen, and we are in no way responsible for what they do, nor can we force them to do anything.

If he was posting on a Spanish forum then he might have had a valid point.

That aside, I don't see how 'others doing poorly at reaching climate goals' would justify not trying to reach climate goals at all.

Last edited by Alessio; 25 Jun 2008 at 00:34.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote