View Single Post
Unread 27 Mar 2010, 20:54   #22
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: My thriumphs, my mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Right a hybrid. The problem is how do you balance it? How many planets per private gal how many per public? It is in my mind impossible to balance because the balance depends on the choices players will make, which can never be accurately predicted ahead of time. Invariably one or the other (public/private) will be the better option and will therefore attract the majority of the active player base and thereby render the other option a poor choice.
I actually think the two options here are fairly different, so it might, with some luck, sort of boil down to a matter of personal choice rather than flocking up. Quite frankly, going for a random galaxy in the scenario is some sort of gamble. You can be lucky and have actives and newbies with potential, you can be unlucky and spend your round with rather bad galmates.
With a private galaxy, you know what you got. You can predict the activity, and make a good guess on your chances for the final ranking.
Certainly buddy packs in random galaxies need some luck and invest alot of work to actually make the galaxy function together and to train the newbies.

As to balancing the numbers, luckily for now we can sit back and watch how this round developes. While there are random t10 gals right now, it will be interesting to see how far up they can stay. The final outcome should allow some educated guess about the balancing.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote