View Single Post
Unread 27 Mar 2010, 16:13   #11
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: My thriumphs, my mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
This isn't true, there are some newbies that are doing just fine. I have 3 virgin PA newbies in my gal and all three have managed to hold their roids so far, and one even landed an attack! Quit posting in absolutes Light, it really doesn't become you.
Whilst she's obviously being melodramatic and all (it's Light), she does have a point in that random gals are obviously so much worse than private ones.
I went random and exiled around quite a few times (my exile cost is now extortionate) - I've landed in a gal with a couple of semi active players and we've had incs every day. It's been 7 days since the round started and I've had 15 hostile inc fleets so far, only one of which was a teamup (2 person). It's worth noting that I have only gone over 400 roids once this round (lasted under a day).
As it is, almost all random gals are the "farm gals" that we'd have in regular rounds where "top players" (hi Sjor/Pommeh) pick up cheap/easy roids.

I wouldn't pin this directly on the introduction of private gals though, I'm inclined to agree with wishmaster that it's due to all the decent/active players going for private gals with people they don't know over going random. There aren't enough experienced/active players to make decent random gals. Sure there may be one or two random gals doing ok now but the vast majority are just dead.