Thread: Why...
View Single Post
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 15:01   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why...

I think the deadness of this forum has multiple causes:

1) A lot of the old frequent posters that made the board alive don't post anymore. I kinda miss it when Kjeldoran was posting +-15 posts a day (though at the time i really hated reading them). There were alot of characters on this forum and when they left hardly anybody actually stepped up.

2) Alliances don't publicly trashtalk to eachother on forums anymore. Most of the time when there is actually a post about a war between certain alliances hc's forbid their members to even post in the thread.

3) Alot of players hardly ever read the forums or post on the forums.
Mainly because it is considered elitist. New people that do post on the forums are hardly welcomed with open arms.

4) Alot of people consider these forums as Ascendancy's little personal playground. Hardly ever is there a thread created that doesn't result in certain people either trolling the crap out of it or going wildly offtopic with posts like: Planetarion is all about Ascendancy ...
This is not what the general playerbase of planetarion is dying to read, yet it happens all the time.
+ (and no offence to JBG and Lokken) having Ascendancy moderators doesn't really improve the situation.

+ I also agree with what Riddim said in his post and I have no idea why Kenny's thread needed to be closed. There have been far far worse threads that were allowed to remain open.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote