View Single Post
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 14:58   #52
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So, what are you stealing today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Of course it is, and no-one suggested otherwise. I was responding directly to your line of reasoning that no-one is losing money therefore it's not stealing.
I never said that it's not stealing. I said the RIAA will not hound people for karaoking their client's songs because it does not pose a big enough threat. The distribution of copyrighted content is prohibited unequivically. For the RIAA to take action against a party requires, in my opinion, that two conditions have to be met:

1)The party must be breaking a law.
2)The action must bring about sufficient results to merit the cost of taking the action in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Let's say it could be proved somehow that people downloading MP3s from the internet didn't harm sales of RIAA products. Would this then somehow mean it wasn't theft anymore? That's a weird way of approaching the question.
It's not about harming someone, it's about not providing tit for tat. It's about not respecting the ownership of property.