View Single Post
Unread 19 Sep 2016, 22:58   #299
Gen_Chaos

Gen_Chaos will become famous soon enoughGen_Chaos will become famous soon enough
Re: R68, who plays? who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
This attitude is exactly why the game has gone from a slow to a rapid demise because this community has turned very toxic and people take things way too personally.

Not that anyone gives a shit, but this is the fundamental reason why I will never return because this community prefers to punish players rather than try and help keep this old game functioning.
I give a shit. Miss you and all the old players, even the ones that I never got along with. Have been sorry to see them leave due to the toxicity of the game over the years. I had one tell me a couple rounds ago, that "Pa is a soul-destroying, depressing, wrenching experience in which half minds dominate the gameplay and manage to turn everything into crap." Oddly, I still see that guy's nick now and then, he's probably playing incognito to avoid the small minds that will try to track him down for five years to avenge the loss of some spreadsheet play ships.

I couldn't agree more, too many ppl make this their life and reason for existence I guess. Glad there are still some people playing who realize it is a game and look forward to new rounds to go at it again. I suppose eventually they will also leave, which is sad.

I really think that way more than needed to be said about this has been said, and I am looking forward to leaving the trolling behind and not coming back to AD for the rest of the round.

Yes, I am teh Satan. Yes, I betrayed everybody, my own ally, my mother and my dog. Yes, I ruined somebody's round... maybe everybody's round. Yes, this is all really important and dwarfs any of the events of rl. There you go. Quote that, I made it easy for you to grab it all at once, so you won't get carpal tunnel cutting and pasting all the little bits. I AM GUILTY OF IT ALL.

But no, I NEVER told anybody we were a better ally than Ultores. Check with chimpie and agar3s on that. I have a log (a BIG log, like Teh Donald's!). Ultores, due to what I might call obsessive devotion, is the best alliance to play this game in years. I say that to anybody who asks. I never set out to challenge Ult to beat them with Bows or prove in any way we were a better alliance. I did once chastise Joseph for saying we were a crappy alliance that could not stand up to Ult for two days, but even then I said only that we were stronger than he gave us credit for.

Somehow everybody misses the fact that all we did was join a block that barely had enough firepower to slow Ult down for a few days.

Whoever got the idea this is about anything but refusing to help nap the top ally to a win, particularly after it appeared they were setting us up for a fall, is simply making stuff up.

Lots of people say things when they have no idea what actually happened. None. The only people who know what happened, are not the people posting here. What really happened was me petitioning Ult for a way to end the Naptarion of two strong alliances, and to do it in a way that wouldn't result in hate. That didn't work, so we joined the block that challenged them... obviously way too late to matter anyway.

So all the people who had no clue what really happened can post here all they like. Joseph actually just said it straight. We are an upstart tag dedicated to having fun, recruiting new players to the game, and trying to keep it open and balanced. We are not Ult. I said in my pms to chimpie that the Challenge War was no doubt a sure loss for Bows, and my exact words were "Now we both know that Ult is a stronger alliance and most likely would win a Private War, but so what?". A 1:1 would illustrate that we were willing to put ourselves on the line and get hammered to break up the game and make it more fun.

It is all about that. The trolls will try to make it into something else, but it is no more than that. Having fun, no bottom feeding, getting the top allies to mix it up, and trying to not to have it turn into a hate fest. The last part didn't work. There is always a massive supply of hate in Pa, which is very sad.

So I bid adieu to AD for this round. People can judge over time if this is as I say or as the trolls say. Don't really care. I have rl that needs my attention and I look forward to next round come what may. I have stared down small-minded trolls since 1998 and I don't give a rat's ass what they think.
Gen_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote