View Single Post
Unread 29 Nov 2010, 14:10   #13
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this the worst round ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
But the truth is it's ****ing boring this way. The only problem is that there are enough boring people around who want to keep playing for absolutely meaningless planet ranks that they still form a large part of the core in pa who are actually still active enough to make a difference. It's a lot easier to just recruit people you know will be active, or join the most active group out there, from every perspective. Then you can be active and have a good planet and play with other active people. There's nothing wrong with that either, playing with inactives is ****ing dull as shit. It's just that there's only like 50 actives out there.

It'll either suck in the exact same ways or be nowhere near the same game. The best thing about pa was that it was immersive to the point of being ridiculous purely through how competitive and time-intensive it was. If you lose that, and you'll have to because it's a different internet now to 2000/01, it just won't be the same game.
It's the advertising and marketing potential to bring in a much bigger playerbase that I'm most eagerly anticipating, but you're right - it'll probably have as few similarities as it can get away with.

The game would even become a lot more fun if people stopped caring about who wins, and just concentrate on having their own fun. NewDawn and CT did that this round, and decided to make their round about screwing Imp for 'member poaching', and while I disagree with their reasoning you have to applaud them for playing their own game, rather than worry about everybody else's.

This Christmas round should be fun if it goes ahead though, I will probably play that one - but I'll not give a full round another go again short of a complete overhaul.