View Single Post
Unread 29 Nov 2010, 13:37   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Is this the worst round ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
PA is just too boring now to put any real effort in. The social aspect is pretty much the only reason people play, so nobody can really be surprised when only a handful of people are actually prepared to try super-hard to gain any kind of personal victory.
I don't think anyone tried super-hard this round. People certainly tried super-hard to avoid having to put in any effort or avoid any risk though so I guess there's that.

I was talking more about players than HC anyways kenny. Effectively HC need to serve the interests of their members and most people seem to be more interested in not getting incs and farming small alliances that they are in a scenario where they've actually got a chance of getting ****ed up. If their HC then take it upon themselves to try and bring this situation about they can't really complain. Truth be told I can understand it. Putting in the hard graft is ****ing hard. And sometimes you will lose anyways and that's just the way it'll go.

But the truth is it's ****ing boring this way. The only problem is that there are enough boring people around who want to keep playing for absolutely meaningless planet ranks that they still form a large part of the core in pa who are actually still active enough to make a difference. It's a lot easier to just recruit people you know will be active, or join the most active group out there, from every perspective. Then you can be active and have a good planet and play with other active people. There's nothing wrong with that either, playing with inactives is ****ing dull as shit. It's just that there's only like 50 actives out there.

Quote:
This is also why I have high hopes for another up and coming game of a similar nature - it can learn from all of PA's mistakes and hit the ground running, rather than spend years in A&E trying to revive a cold corpse.
It'll either suck in the exact same ways or be nowhere near the same game. The best thing about pa was that it was immersive to the point of being ridiculous purely through how competitive and time-intensive it was. If you lose that, and you'll have to because it's a different internet now to 2000/01, it just won't be the same game.