Thread: Scrap Rep
View Single Post
Unread 13 Oct 2005, 17:30   #70
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scrap Rep

I'd like to retain the comments others make about my posts, but scrap anonymity and the numerical rating system. Without the last two people may be disuaded from making personal attacks* over reputation as 1. there would be no effect in them doing so and 2. they would soon become known for doing as much. In any case, a system which effectively rates users on a numerical scale is made a farce of by 'ironic repping' and users repping people over posts.

*By personal attacks, I don't mean criticism relating to the post, or even the poster in general, but, for example, neg repping for wishing another a happy birthday with the justification that that user is a 'twat'.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote