View Single Post
Unread 26 Aug 2009, 23:14   #21
bit
neurotweaker

bit is a glorious beacon of lightbit is a glorious beacon of lightbit is a glorious beacon of lightbit is a glorious beacon of lightbit is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The lack of prosperity after WW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserves a medal View Post
Certain traits are just more suitable for creating wealth then others. When look at the general traits of certain cultures you can narrow it down to the following few: Europeans tend to take initiative, if it is for business, cooperation, aggression or leisure activities. Asians are more focused (which leads to discipline). And Africans tend to prefer short-term profit (impulsive behaviour), which makes them poor business partners and do not allow each other to build something up.

I'd say it's pretty similar as with dogs. Certain traits get passed on, such as the tendency to go for short-term profit, and can have quite a bit of influences on the character. These traits are reflected in their respective cultures. But I do not think these natural traits are necessarily dominant, knowing we are all intelligent beings. Eventually the manner in which someone was brought up will be decisive. If they were to be taught to think differently, then they would. So I'd say its nurture.
the universe is an open field
bit is offline   Reply With Quote