Thread: GMT or CEST
View Single Post
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 10:59   #42
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Scaggydo
except, say for example, i am GMT and pa time is CEST. i know my time is 1 hr behind. so if for example my alliance says nightly attacks are to occur at say 2 and 3 am cest, i know to turn up at 1 or 2 am local time.

now, tell me how on a system purely timed in PT's how we can have a nightly schedule? i mean.. great, tonights attack is at say PT 237, and 238.. so tomorrows will be at.. uhm.. lets see.. uh.. nfi. fs. say my alliance forum tells me tomorrows attack will be at PT262, i then have to sit and work out what time it is now, what tick it is now, take that away from the PT of the launch and then add that number to the time now.. cmon, which is more difficult? the fk is wrong with just having a clock? just stick to a clock. once u know u are 1 hr behind the pa clock, or 6 hrs behind the pa clock or 10 hrs behind the pa clock, how difficult is it to subtract 1 hr/6hrs/10hrs from any given time? not immensly. u get used to it. anyone who finds that difficult should maybe go back to junior school.
Problem is your looking at it from a British viewpoint. Yes subtracting 1 isnt too hard (although people still get it wrong) but in more remote timezones it is different. What makes it even worse is alot of people and alliances will also work in GMT(BST) due to most of them being from the UK which causes added confusion.

The only real problem with PT is daylight savings time which is going to cause some problems when it comes to calculating attacks but this is the same if you use True GMT which doesnt have DST
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote