View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2007, 22:41   #69
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football]Well it's all over

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I always like arguments about how people are glory-hunters or they're just in it for the trophies or they're not real fans because they weren't born near the club. Like watching some dire club play dire football in a dire league in a dire ground just because you happened to be born near them is an accomplishment you should put on your CV or something.

Support your local team!!!.
Play up Pompey.

I don't really care if there are United fans from Cornwall or whatever. Everyone chooses their club for their own reasons. Sometimes supporting teams just runs in the family. I think there are a lot of fans who start off supporting big clubs then watch their local side, enjoy it more and actually choose to support them instead.

I don't think supporting your local team is a badge of honour as such apart from the fact that you are proud from where you come from (much like supporting your national team), but what I DO think is that we get more out of going to football matches and we care about the way football is run because there are 92 plus clubs with fans who are in the same boat as us who want a fair shot at being the best.

What i think fans of local clubs hate the most are wankers who are first in the queue to wind you up when you've never been to a game, then whenever you do their team say they don't really care because it's only football. Even so, those who support their local side and stick to them whatever are those I respect the most in the football - they really do love their team and understand the position of other clubs very well because one day they could be there too or at least want to. We're no better than those not from our town, but really it all boils down to how committed you are and United have committed fans just like S****horpe, for example.

I'll never forget Rotherham fans when we won the div 1 title. They supported their team and wound us up (in a friendly way, although one complete prick from our side started throwing coins at them) 100% for 90 minutes but once we lifted the title they were congratulating us straight away, stayed behind and applauded us as we lifted the trophy and wished us luck for the prem. You can't ever have a better time watching football when that happens, shaking hands across the divide, that is what I call real support. I had a ****ing great time.

Last edited by lokken; 8 May 2007 at 22:47.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote