View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2007, 12:38   #56
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Football]Well it's all over

My opinion of Chelsea has improved dramatically over the course of this season, particularly the latter half, which seems to have drawn out all the pathetic hatred and criticism mostly from followers of other successful clubs. I am surprised to find the posters on this forum have jumped on the Chelsea hate brigade bandwagon and would say the following on the matter;

Since the arrival of Mourinho at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have raised the bar for English football. Even if they should finish this season with only the League Cup to their name, they deserve credit for genuinely competing in all four competitions; something that I cannot recall any team earnestly attempting in my lifetime. All this was of course enabled by Abramovich's cash injection, but then the Premiership has never been won by a team without a robust budget.

While it is true that Abramovich has stumped up a number of absolutely ridiculous fees to build their squad, I have little sympathy for those clubs whom this transfer policy has chiefly disadvantaged; namely those who in the past have relied on their status as "big clubs" to bully others and tempt their talent into moving. What a shame.