Thread: Salvage Ship?
View Single Post
Unread 9 Jun 2008, 02:21   #1
Cardinal

Cardinal is an unknown quantity at this point
Salvage Ship?

Well how about it?

A ship that functions basically as a cargo ship - and is sent as part of an attacking fleet - especially those attacks you know you're not going to come off better. Each ship that survives returns 1000 of each resource in salvaged materials, thus limiting the amount salvaged by the defending party.

Zikonians will be able to steal these ships as per usual but they only return bonus resources when sent on an attacking mission, so sending them to defend a galaxy mate - they won't return with debris from the battle which rightfully belongs to the galaxy mate that was attacked.

Not sure if the equation of battles will support the idea of sending more ships (without guns) into a fight in order to get more resources back?

Alternativly:

This is a bit of a 'steal' from another online game im sure a few people are away of out there on the net - I'm a zikonian what do you expect ^^.

Whenever a planet is attacked, as i understand it the resources are salvaged immediatly and added to the attacked player's resources as a means of rebuilding his fleets. How about these resources remain in a Debris field which can be located through the use of a scan on the planet, the attacked planet will gain a percentage of these debris materials every tick (maybe a research to improve this percentage?)

It will create more of an incentive for people to attack each other, i could be skimming through the galaxies 'ooo this person has 1 million resource debris field', a few more scans, 'ooh he's been hit badly', then i attack him with my salvage ships and some fodder and make off with some of his resources. Now that will p**s him off a lot and i can sure expect a retaliation coming my way, but hell it was worth it

Last edited by Cardinal; 9 Jun 2008 at 02:32.
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote