Thread: Divs at work
View Single Post
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 01:09   #40
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Divs at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I don't care how silly you think i'm being by highlighting what you did
What you think I did.

Someone without an avatar and thus lacking the normal quick visual representation of the poster, just like you have, made a post with no capitalisation and double line spacing, just like you do. This had me under the impression that I was going to be reading a post made by you. The poster stated that he was a homosexual, just like you are, but then the contents of the post were completely unlike something you would normally post.

Since hardly any newcomers ever come onto General Discussions, my first subconcious thought was not "Oh, this is clearly someone I've never seen before", but "What the hell is Yahwe talking about?". Then, I looked to the left of the post and noticed that it was in fact someone else, clearing up all confusion. Then, I decided to make a post about it.

Now, if you somehow want to read into that that I must be homophobic, and was somehow trying to make a cheap dig at homosexuals, then I can only ask what you are on. Saying "Hey, I thought for a moment this post which is identical to the posting style that Yahwe uses, was in fact made by Yahwe, but I was seriously wondering what the hell he was on about as it was wildly different from anything Yahwe would post" does not somehow in my mind constitute a joke, an insult or a dig, nor does it contain some subliminal message.

I did not even refer to the "gay" part of the post, I did not highlight it, I did not even mention it. But because it contains the word "gay" and many people like to make "lol a gay" jokes, that's obviously what I must have been doing, right? Well, you're flat out wrong. And continually stating that I was in fact making a cheap joke at the cost of homosexuals around the world, does not somehow change the fact that that is not true.

Now if you wish to make a stand against homophobic comments, that's great and I'm all the way with you. But a) there was no homophobia or notion of it going around in this thread until you brought it here, and b) you are preaching to the choir, as I myself place great value on personal freedom in all aspects, regardless of and including sexual preference.