View Single Post
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 09:42   #13
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of
Re: MP's Expenses (UK politics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
Neither of us need 'think' anything.

The data is all public - google is your friend
Can't find very much about expenses prior to Tony Blairs election.
Everything seems to be about the current scandal (not too surprising really).
Any chance you can help me out as you seem to have done some research?

In any case, even if the claims which lead to the current scandal were inflated as a result of a pay freeze, I don't believe that this provides any evidence whatsoever that the pay freeze was a bad idea in and of itself.
Except perhaps that there should have been a tightening of the claims procedure alongside the pay freeze - something that I suspect would have had a great deal of cross party resistance.

My main objection to the MPs expense scandal is not the incompetence shown by Labour in their administration of parliamentary rules and regulations regarding pay and expenses, but the greed and avarice shown by MPs of ALL parties.

And I f**king object to the Telegraph trying to con me into thinking that the greed and avarice was some unfortunate result of that incompetence, and more importantly successfully conning less intelligent voters...

Last edited by HRH_H_Crab; 23 Jun 2009 at 10:07.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote