View Single Post
Unread 15 May 2009, 02:16   #78
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Planetarion redesign update

The pages look good. I think you're at a stage where you can think of simplifying the design a bit:
- transparency in the right menu doesn't bring anything
- background image on the intro page only makes the text less easy to read
- messages and alerts are overdone

All the design around the main section is great, the section for the central content should give priority to clarity of information, not by making each info more proeminent than the other (like an arms race, coz all the element will clash with each other) but by making the layout much more simple, it will also enhance the design around it. Simplicity requires more work than pilling up graphic effects.

The logo is a major improvement I like the font (especially the 'R'), the name alone could be the logo, the icon looks like what we find on some watches, I'm not a fan... imho Mr Lobster logo is still better but I'm not sure how it would fit in this design, worth a try I believe. We all want the best for the game, suceptibility should be put aside.
A trick I always use to check if a logo is good, is doing a pure black and white (no greyscale) version and see how it looks.

Finally, why using 2 differents font for the titles and the horizontal menu ? KISS, 1 font for the logo, 1 font for the main titles (image text), 1 font for the normal html text.

Last edited by Makhil; 15 May 2009 at 02:59.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote