View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2014, 14:42   #31
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: Cluster Alliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05 View Post
I’m not sure if agree with you on this one Cloud’s.

I think cluster alliances would totally open up the game - currently stagnated with cliquey vets. If we bring back cluster alliances over the current alliance model, I think we would need to reintroduce higher buddy packs (let people still play with players of the same calibre/friendship group/whatever).

I’ve met some really nice people playing in havoc, people who I normally wouldn’t have had chance to meet and I’d be really keen to see the game adopt this as an approach – even just for one round.
Unfortunately Veil05, Havoc is a completely different concept to the actual round. If you introduce Cluster Alliances on top of the Alliance model, all Cluster Alliances will offer is additional defence, which will make landing even more difficult (due to the current player-base size - already explained in a previous post).

In the today's PA (with the current player-base size), you will often see blocks forming just to land one alliance. Now, imagine what it would do to the game if these alliances have access to an additional line of defence.

Last edited by Clouds; 20 May 2014 at 23:57.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote