View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 06:05   #237
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: round 35 politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
From watching Ascendancy's military operation, changing up tactics, deliberately ****ing over prelaunch attackers and using nailed on trusted people for attacks that really mattered pretty much made spying a pretty futile activity.

One because you couldn't possibly work out where the **** our attacks were going to turn up and two because when well executed, it's planetarion play to a standard where your spies don't mean shit.
Agreed with the "****ing over PL attackers" bit, but most of the time I personally did that was either due to leaks or when waves had already started to appear.
The "using trusted attackers" bit I hope all competent alliances use for major attacks (although I can see why lots can't trust enough members to use it)

The "you couldn't possible work out where the **** our attacks were going to turn up" bit makes no sense though as a relay of the attack channel (ohshitiforgotthename) would tell you exactly that.

Quote:
Add on the fact that if you are up against competent BC's that are pretty much totally against crashing and use scans to calc a worst case scenario what is a prelaunched defence going to achieve if it even happens after that? Not much beyond a recall and a longer recall ETA for the defenders, which runs the risk of you being on the back foot later on.
The slight edge that PL def provides in wars can't be seen in most wars (eg. Apprime v Eurph) but can be the "straw that broke the snowman's back" in many cases where it is a very close call.

Quote:
I am sorry to bore people with the idea of "play solid
planetarion" but I feel it needed to be said!
Far easier said than done. Whilst in theory it is easy to play "solid planetarion", in practice it isn't as easy. Since you know what I'm talking about; it's similar to applying the "reasonable man" test. Not too difficult to theorise but hard to apply.