Thread: R31 shipstats
View Single Post
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 15:13   #498
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: R31 shipstats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
How many rounds have you played with these stats?

Good theory is supported by practice - without theory you will never be able to predict anything and we may as well just wallow in our own feces.

Cath killships being in-class is intentional. I intended for them to be able to effectively immunise themselves vs 2 classes because pure EMP is a broken dynamic.

If you're cath FI with 70% of your resources in FI/CO then your locust are wonderfully well flakked, but with only 30% of your resources in DE your scorpions aren't. You're not gonna be immune to CR/BS, but I accept that an alliance of pure cath FI/CO/DE will not get much FI/CO inc and will be able to defend CR/BS fleets. But it will be utterly ruined the moment someone so much as sneezes a good FR/DE attack their way.

Plus, it's still EMP heavy. Ascendancy won last round by swift value destruction. Can't do that with EMP.

Good fr/de... you have your insane emp fi flak.. add to the mix for example xan's defencive fleet vs fr inc if he's playing fr.. then you get those xan fi's hiding behind wall of emp and you end up in situation, who has the biggest balls aka is willing to sacrifice he's rank to protect or to get those roids. Even one fake fleet could screw up the attackers or two of them.. Would you dare to land, I would not unless other scans show me that it's definately a fake def as defenders get way more salvage and have stationary emp support.

I don't see your point gate, I only know when something is borked, and yes you can value kill.. just slam xan's or prelaunched def and people who are too hmm inexperienced checking scans and don't see + pillagers where insanely good last round if you had them ingal you where immune to fi/co emp mainly. The game's biggest mistake is the fact no military scans.. full buddypack of xan's.. I would never attack gal with 5 good top200 xan's as someone will crash always.

Ascendancy winning.. tbh if even some HC's would actually know how to play the game they could have won ascendancy so easily last round but as usual they weren't up to the task of playing agressive and keeping their side coordinated, this round they don't have the slightest chance in hell. It's been like this since pax, HC's are more community players so they keep their members than hardcore military thinkers who can actually win something.

Anyone who thinks attacking top planets in war with pstrikes for more than 1 day.. isn't a military HC.. and everyone was doing that last round, So don't drag alliances achievements as proof of stats working.. it just prooves they aren't up to any task relating to military HC:ing. You either have the quality what makes you military HC or you don't.. and 99% of pa has no idea of large scale warfare, they think it's about hitting certain gals and focusing on x planets there.. I mean 2-3waves on everything in top gal and 5 waves on big planets.. is just waste of time and effort, if you can that way only hit one galaxy what happens to be in top10 in value... Then you get raped by other alliances or out roided by other alliances anyways..

And the thing in PA is, you have one-hole in your defence, 1-2 of your gal mates can cover 2 of your waves easily, 3rd/4th whatever will be covered by alliance. You never go for full protection, as there's no such thing just play on the weakness and let others think they'r so smart in spotting it and hitting you there.. then your gal mate sends 1/4 of he's fleet and 5-6 attackers have to recall because they where stupid not to take a look at the galaxy fleet strenght.

With fi/co cath your immune completely to 2 ship classes.. with DE your immune to everything as it's so easy to cover you.. Anyways ranks will show, thou I reserve the opinion of xan's winning this round if they made their bpacks right.. gimme 4-5 xan's in same buddypack who know how to play and they'r galaxy will be in top10 minimium and their own ranks in top50.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote