View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 22:59   #52
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OiNK closed down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
while i could understand someone's annoyance at someone else enjoying their produce while contributing nothing
Really? It's always seen quite a strange notion to me. If you produce something cool and other people enjoy it, that to me seems a good day. Sure, it'd be an even better day if they deposited money into your bank account for the privilege and/or sent round their girlfriend to your home as a thank you present, but hey life's not perfect.

I don't see why I (or anyone) should have expectations of being paid simply because a lot (or a little) effort is put into something. If the world worked that way we'd all be sending hundreds of pounds to the sort of people who film themselves playing Mario 3 all the way through while hanging upside down and blindfolded.

Quote:
the problem is that there is no way you'd realistically be able to implement a system that allowed those who "were never going to buy the record" a free listen.
The system for distribution is already there and working fine thanks. It's the systems for maintaining artificial scarcity which seems to be having a harder time over the last few years. Obviously this state intervention will continue for a while yet, but like most subsidies, the prospects do not look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Noone was forcing him to do it. I guess he's just a modern day saint, an internet pioneer, fighting against the evil music corporation machine.
No, they weren't. But the point is that someone has forced him to stop. What his motivations were don't really interest me. Maybe he did it to score with all the hot chicks, cos everyone loves a sysadmin of a major site. Or maybe it was memory of his little brother who died of aids. Why does it matter? Does it mysteriously become evil if he turns a profit one quarter?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote