View Single Post
Unread 19 Dec 2009, 14:08   #26
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Congrats Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Ascendancy's biggest crime was effectively eliminating metagame by just staying idly with Apprime. This allowed SCEND to arbitrarily decide the round, which was extremely costly in the long term. Apprime were always Ascendancy's biggest challengers and they neglected that in favour of short term containment. How you end the round is always more important. Metagame has regularly been what has set us apart from the rest and those still playing in Ascendancy need to address that. Apprime are a good alliance and if they are given a cheap (by Ascendancy standards) road to victory, they will take it.
I dont think we had much choice in the metagame tbh. We were a very weak alliance this round by the standards of the previous rounds I have been in asc except for round 32. The block seemed to be more determined to hit asc than app once we napped so we never would have had the chance to turn around and hit app.

The only choice we had was when we napped apprime - we could have left them there with all their bloc of incomings. The argument was that once app had been brought down we would be next. So the wiser idea was to nap app and fight back as best we could even if it almost certainly condemned us to second as soon as we did it - we were always going to be hit as soon as we joined the war as we had too many roids, it never stopped. There was frankly little debate about what should be done, a post was up on asc.tv, debate seemed even and then it was suddenly decided by someone - either theam or reese, not sure. Unusually the decision was not because they won the argument but because they went over the heads of those who thought we should wait and see.

Could we have switched sides? well I guess in theory of course we could at any point. In practice it would not be that easy. With a joint channel, defending each other and all our organisers committed to following apprime we were not likely to have anyone who could carry the argument to switch. Given asc's previous history if I was the bloc I would not have accepted asc switching sides - taken it as a boon and kept hitting asc (or briefly switched to app to make sure it lasted). Asc would no longer get any def from vsn or app so our core gals would not hold up so well, similarly app would no longer get def from asc. Either way both app and asc would have lost out.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote