View Single Post
Unread 7 Jan 2007, 11:52   #31
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: OK GD people, which book are you reading now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I've have the movie adaptation with Tom Hanks and Bruce Willis, would you say that the book is better than the movie (if you've seen it)?
The film is terrible, the book is rather good.

It doesn't work as a film because the plot of the novel isn't particularly good; to narrate to someone what happens would just be boring. The writing style is (in my opinion, I seem to recall Dace having quite strong opinions on this book) such that it makes the story interesting, and almost exciting.
I've read it 6 times, if that's any kind of testament.