View Single Post
Unread 22 Sep 2017, 11:34   #84
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Round 74 shipstat suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
Out of the current options rerunning the Xerxes Mz set is the best option for the state of the game. ( I know Mz is on the record against this set) I'll back another set if someone makes one that's offensive.
This set really isn't offensive. I think it's a horrible change to mzs set (which was really fun but overused now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc
In my opinion, we don't need balanced stats. We need offensive stats. We have already added alliance fleet to make it easier for players to defend. Having defensive stats combined with the new quest system encourages alliances to join huge pre-round blocks to make sure they aren't dirtnapped.
Half agree here. The more offensive a set then in theory the more open the playing field should be. But in reality it actually creates a bigger gap between those who can and those who can't. That is why balanced stats are needed because it does truly level the playing field more. It's very much a catch 22 I feel, but really t2 and t3 should no longer be used they make the game way too defensive and that is really not wise.

Quote:
I don't think this set is hyper offensive but, It's more offensive than the others. Though I think we all pretty much have it dialed in on what stops what.

A 1v1 alliance war shouldn't be a stalemate. The game already heavily favors the defending fleet. The stats shouldn't peg the needle even more that way if we aren't going to do something that encourages more combat.
Combat doesn't take place because rarely does anyone win from it. The game itself is flawed into making 90% of fleet interactions unbeneficial to both sides. I have no idea how to fix it but whilst combat is punished there won't be a change. Land clean or say goodbye to any ranking aspirations you had.

Quote:
Xan also shouldn't be nerfed into the ground because Kaiba hates them and is the most vocal forum poster and IRC user.
Couple of things here.

A) I don't hate Xan, I think it's my most played race.

B) it's cloak that I think is overpowered. It gives too much of an advantage in a game that is played in fine margins. When defence is reactive and attacking isn't giving a ship the ability to make itself appear 3 times and requiring someone to research a whole tech tree to work out which is the one that needs defending AND divert vast amounts of constructions into Amplifiers to POSSIBLY find out is ridiculous. We're quite happy to nerf stealing caps and emp effs but cloak is untouchable for some reason.

C) I don't have iRC. I haven't had the program for years.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote