View Single Post
Unread 16 Oct 2008, 21:28   #27
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: How to make some money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
RBS - Banking
Vodafone - Telecom
Rio Tinto - Mining
Shell - Oil
Tesco - Retailers

These are what ive got money in and in my opinion are fairly safe bets, im a little worried about RBS but i think it will come alright in the end.

Personaly im watching Rio pretty closley at the moment, they have seen some pretty hefty drops the past few weeks, but i would expect them to recover in the long time. I will be investing some cash their as things continue to drop.
RBS is pretty safe now as the government have (somewhat - pending the issue) got their hands on it, but that also makes it a poor long term investment choice. Equity will be diluted, the best employees will leave because there will be a clamp down on bonuses/pay and quite frankly no institution functions competitively or efficiently with government interference.

I've always been a fan of vodafone and trade its stock frequently (short term basis). It is sourcing a much greater part of its revenue from emerging economies now so it will be shielded from slow downs in the west. My only concern with vodafone (into the long term) is VOIP/WIMAX etc and if they will pose a threat. I don't know how these will pan out and from that technological point of view i'm hesitant.

Last edited by Zar; 16 Oct 2008 at 21:38.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote