View Single Post
Unread 3 May 2011, 14:38   #16
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice
Re: Omega has fallen the end of the world is here....

Kenny's only problem was that he relied on people to do their part and most of them didn't come through. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't hold up any part of the bargin for being active due to some work issues. I wasn't the only one though. I don't think the majority of the officers and HCs truly bought into the style of alliance Kenny runs (a la [NFI]) and that created some friction when people started to see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
But Then the Kenny factor came into place with his "questionable" people management approach.
At the start of the round.... whilst kenny lead by example and excelled in some fields like sending defence (I.e. sent the most defence fleets in omega and did alot of dcing and !call nick and so forth.) but his people skills were at best counter productive.
Usually resulting in kenny kicking folk from members channel or worse.
Statements like this show that you really didn't know what you were getting yourself into. This same thing happened in [NFI] all the time. A good alliance holds it's members accountable. carDi is known for kicking members for alliance violations, yet Apprime is always one of the best alliances. Ruling with an iron-fist and holding members accountable can typically help the alliance run cohesively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Lessons to be learned is why there wasn't any sort of minium defence requirement implimented at the start of the round when there was a high % of non natural team players in the Omega alliance.
(it reminds me why the likes of ND and CT have a defence priority system which is proportional to the amount of defence that has been sent by members. I.E. an Incentive to send defence.)
Defense points and 'requirements' are shit. My opinions of ND and CT are well documented, so I'll spare the unsolicited trolling, but the point remains, aside from ND and CT (and xVx to an extent) most other alliances don't use a true defense point system. The members list is open and everyone sees everyone else's fleet contributions. If you're not pulling your weight, HCs need to warn the person and then something needs to be done. If you warn someone several times and they don't step up, they're kicked. It doesn't have to be all rainbows and lollipops, kicking people serves a purpose. If you kick one person, there's a good chance that others will start paying attention.

The 'lesson learned' is that DCs are vital. Most great alliances have had someone (or a group of people) DC almost single-handedly. Sure, that's not fair to expect that of someone and typically it's a monumental task to ask of someone, but you can't just say "Ok everyone, DC yourselves!" and actually expect that to happen. Most people will help out with DCing their own calls, but you need a mastermind behind it and omega didn't have that. I saw Santa do it all round in xVx last round, DCing mega-waves on multiple planets at the same time. Sure, it takes a certain level of player to pull that off and a great amount of devotion, but you've gotta have it to be successful.

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote