View Single Post
Unread 3 May 2011, 12:26   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Omega has fallen the end of the world is here....

The reason why Omega failed this round was partly to due to the leadership but also some of the members.

The omega membership could basically be split into 2 catagories.
(a) Contributing suffiently to attacks and defence.
(b) Not contibuting suffiently in defence.

What happened was when there was incoming there would be the usual folk who send defence aka (a) whilst (b) would have the mentality of someone else will send def to cover it I am going on attack.

As the incs continued and in greater number. again (a) would send defence whilst (b) wasn't sending defence (either at all or insuffiently)

So when (a) folk started to get roided they would get what I would term as "roid lust" so their fi fleet wasn't available for defence. In an attempt to regain roids / compensate for their roid lust by going on the attack.
Afterall it is only human nature.

So when (a) didn't start supplying defence as much as they previously was .... now (a) and (b) where readily being roided as a result.
What I would term as a break down of the defence culture in the omega alliance

Then the Shipjumping started after that.
Funny enough it was initally folk who would fall into the (b) catagory.

But Then the Kenny factor came into place with his "questionable" people management approach.
At the start of the round.... whilst kenny lead by example and excelled in some fields like sending defence (I.e. sent the most defence fleets in omega and did alot of dcing and !call nick and so forth.) but his people skills were at best counter productive.
Usually resulting in kenny kicking folk from members channel or worse.

Lessons to be learned is why there wasn't any sort of minium defence requirement implimented at the start of the round when there was a high % of non natural team players in the Omega alliance.
(it reminds me why the likes of ND and CT have a defence priority system which is proportional to the amount of defence that has been sent by members. I.E. an Incentive to send defence.)

I did myself try to impliment a minium defence requirement but it was too little too late to stop folk leaving tag.
When the defence cultures goes to xxxx it is a visious circle to get out of.